Forms authentication problem in Crystal Report for ASP.Net

Vaibhav Shah

Hi,

Of late, we have been facing a very strange problem in working with crystal
report in asp.net

the code executes without any exception but as soon as the reportviewer is
initialized with reportdocument object, login page is shown. somehow or due
to some problem, the Forms authentication fails and user is prompted to log
on again. even after valid login, report is not show and same login page is
displayed in loop.

Other Details:
---------------
(1) Authentication Mode: Forms authentication
(2) The report has two sub reports (header.rpt and footer.rpt)
(3) We are initializing one report parameter;'svalue from the code and that
value is in turn passed on to subreports
(4) We are adding values to connectioninfo from web.config, like server
name, database name, userid and password.

Has anyone faced this situation before? What are the possible areas we need
to check in code?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Please feel free to ask for more
information related to this problem.

-Vaibhav Shah
Ragini Communications Inc.