Forms Authentication

danielevans

Hi

Is it possible with forms authentication to have two seperate areas
that need users to register for both for access. For example, i have a
/trade/ directory and a /game/ directory. I need to allow users access
to both after they have provided contact details. What i want to happen
is that registering for 1 section does not allow users to access the
other. In order to access the other section they will need to register
again.

Is this possible by using Forms Authentication?

Thanks

Dan

tdavisjr

Yeah its possible, however each section would need to be its own
virtual directory.

Edwin Knoppert

This would interest me as well.
but i guess (just) two application's set in IIS right?

danielevans

Could someone point me in the direction of some instuctions to
implement your suggestion.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Guest

Just make the two folders each a Virtual Directory in IIS, and provide each
with its own web.config file containing the particular Forms Authentication
directives.

Your user will be prompted to log in upon attempting to navigate to either
"Section". Provided the forms cookie name is different, it should work.
Peter