Frame with embedded scripts problem

Paul

The problem I am having involves the sequence of events between frames in an
html page.

The Pages:

Page A has an imbedded IFrame which displays Page B.

Page A has a radio button which on the onClick event calls a function which
changes the source of the IFrame which contains Page B, and then passes some
variables to Page B.

The Problem:

Page A changes the content of the IFrame, but it appears that the variables
are passed prior to the new content being loaded.

The Question:

How can I send the data to the newly loaded page?

Current Code:

function CandyBox_ChangeBoxSize(newSize){

var newBox = new Array(newSize);

var newPageName = getBoxASPPageName(newSize);

initializeCandyBox(newSize,newBox);

for(var x=0;x<this.size;x++){

newBox[x] = this.BoxContents[x];

}

this.boxImage = newPageName;

this.BoxContents = newBox;

** this is the problem section**

*the source of the frame is changed *

document.frames[CandyBoxFrameName].location.href=this.boxImage;

* then I wish to pass to the new page a variable

document.frames[CandyBoxFrameName].candyArray=this.BoxContents;

* and finaly call a function from the newly loaded content

document.frames['boxIFrame'].showCandies();

Thank you

John Taylor-Johnston

Have you heard of Hot Potatoes? http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/halfbaked/

Try this code:

http://www.CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca/languesmodernes/604-HAE_Grammar_Practice/simple-present-ex1.htm

John

--
John Taylor-Johnston
"If it's not open-source, it's Murphy's Law."

' ' ' Collège de Sherbrooke:
ô¿ô http://www.collegesherbrooke.qc.ca/languesmodernes/
- Université de Sherbrooke:
http://compcanlit.ca/