(free) manuals for streams?

Leslaw Bieniasz

Cracow, 13.12.2004

Hello,

I am looking for (especially freely available, web?) manuals describing
in detail how to use streams, with all features of manipulators, etc.
and with examples. I would appreciate any info.

L.B.

| Dr. Leslaw Bieniasz, |
| Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences,|
| Department of Electrochemical Oxidation of Gaseous Fuels, |
| ul. Zagrody 13, 30-318 Cracow, Poland. |
| tel./fax: +48 (12) 266-03-41 |
| E-mail: (e-mail address removed) |
| Interested in Computational Electrochemistry? |
| Visit my web site: http://www.cyf-kr.edu.pl/~nbbienia |

Mike Wahler

Leslaw Bieniasz said:
Cracow, 13.12.2004

Hello,

I am looking for (especially freely available, web?) manuals describing
in detail how to use streams, with all features of manipulators, etc.
and with examples. I would appreciate any info.

See the C++ standard library documentation at:
www.dinkumware.com

However, rather than relying on that or similar, I strongly recommend
spending some money on books. Online references such as that of Dinkumware
are good references, but typically don't go into great explanatory detail.
Many books do.

For the C++ standard library in general (which includes stream
operations) I recommend:
www.josuttis.com/libbook

For specifically the iostreams part of the library (and in much
greater depth), I recommend:
http://www.langer.camelot.de/iostreams.html

The first title I cited is my most well-worn C++ book. It was not
'cheap', but imo well worth the price, paid for itself the first day.

HTH,
-Mike