From frames to CSS [help needed]

Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Please I really need help to reproduce this site using CSS instead of frames.
I only have these images of it:
http://www.cassianorabelo.com/site1.jpg
http://www.cassianorabelo.com/site2.jpg

The biggest challenge is that my client wants the left side (the one with the picture) to be fixed. The scroll should only work on the text on the right.
The top menu and footer (where you can see the eyeglass and the printer) should also be placed at the bottom of the page always.

I was trying to base my CSS after this one:
http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala24.html

The left column would be a normal div, but the right column should have a fixed height (porcentage based) and I tried to setup its DIV to "overflow:scroll".
The footer I could place using "position:absolute; bottom:0;", but no matter how I set the height of the right column, a scrollbar always show up in IE.

Every combination I tried I'm always getting unpleasant results in either Firefox or IE.

Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Any help is greatly appreciated and sorry about my poor english.
Thank you very much for your time and best regards,
Cassiano

Last edited: