FSO

Maarten

I need to build a new file which contains 1 up 20 jpg's

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

must come all together in 1 file named album.300

how can i do that in ASP? With the FSO and Opentext method ?? Same bizar to
me.

Thx Maarten

Maarten

In VB this is very simple.

i open a new file named ALBUM.300
I write a header followed by "@@"
then i open the jpg files one by one in binary mode, load from the 1 to the
last byte and write it down in a new file named album.300 in append mode.

In other words album.300 = header(some textinfo)+"@@"+01.jpg+02.jpg+03.jpg
All this without any linefeed characters.

Maarten

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

then i open the jpg files one by one in binary mode,

This is simple in VB, because it supports binary I/O! ASP does not. If you
mean you just want to put the names of the files into the file, then you can
use FSO, but if you want to put the binary content, that will be a different
issue. Maybe ADODB.Stream can do something like that for you, or maybe you
should have a VB executable that runs from the scheduler, and the ASP script
that is supposed to perform the task merely adds the task to a queue, that
the EXE checks.

Maarten

It is the binary content of the jpg files.
ADODB.Stream is not longer available on many servers with the latest
security updates.
:-((
If so then i make a small vb exe and started by Cron.

Ray at

I thought that adodb.stream was only no longer allowed to be created as an
object in the browser on the client? I don't know though; I haven't paid
all that much attention to this latest update.

Yeah, while the FSO can deal with binary files in an around-about kind of
way, it is grossly inefficient to use. Good move making the VB component!

Ray at home