ftputil - uploading many files too long

geon

Hi,

When I try to upload many files I get such a error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "I:\Python\my_py\wwwzaci\xcopy_ftp.py", line 51, in ?
except: x=host.upload(zdroj, cilFTP,'b')
File "C:\prg\python24\Lib\site-packages\ftputil\ftputil.py", line 463, in uplo
ad
self.__copy_file(source, target, mode, open, self.file)
File "C:\prg\python24\Lib\site-packages\ftputil\ftputil.py", line 452, in __co
py_file
target = target_open(target, target_mode)
File "C:\prg\python24\Lib\site-packages\ftputil\ftputil.py", line 265, in file

host = self._copy()
File "C:\prg\python24\Lib\site-packages\ftputil\ftputil.py", line 241, in _cop
return FTPHost(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "C:\prg\python24\Lib\site-packages\ftputil\ftputil.py", line 138, in __in
it__
self._session = self._make_session()
File "C:\prg\python24\Lib\site-packages\ftputil\ftputil.py", line 235, in _mak
e_session
return ftp_error._try_with_oserror(factory, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\prg\python24\Lib\site-packages\ftputil\ftp_error.py", line 78, in _tr
y_with_oserror
raise TemporaryError(obj)
ftputil.ftp_error.TemporaryError: 421 Login Timeout (25 seconds): closing contro
l connection.

I think its not about many files but because of it takes too long for my ftp server (25s). I tried
many things but nothing helps.

Any help is appreciated...

Christopher Arndt

geon said:
Hi,

When I try to upload many files I get such a error message:

[...] traceback deleted

ftputil.ftp_error.TemporaryError: 421 Login Timeout (25 seconds): closing contro
l connection.

I think its not about many files but because of it takes too long for my ftp server (25s). I tried
many things but nothing helps.

Well, the error message seems to say, that the server closes the
connection because it timed out waiting for the client to login or
because it was idle for to long.

But without some example code that exhibits the problem we really can't
devine what you are trying to do...

Also note that ftputil has it's own mailing list.

Regards, Chris