FXRuby and fxscintilla running problems on a linux Box FEDORA 2

Philippe Lucas

Hello,

I am tryng to build FreeRide on Linux FC2.

I built,from tgz sources files, the following products :

-1) ruby-182 preview2. => test OK
-2) Fox 1.052. => test OK
-3) fxScintilla 1.55
-4) FXRuby 1.0.29.

If I build FXRuby WITHOUT fxScintilla, all of the FXRuby tests runs fine.

If I build FXRuby WITH fxScintilla, any FXRuby test fails with a core dump.
Under irb, a signal exception occurs just after the line : require 'fox'.

ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i686-linux]

gcc -v
version gcc 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)

How can I get it works ?
Are the differents releases products compatibles ?

Thanks in advance.

Philippe Lucas.

Richard Lyman

Wouldn't you have to build and install scintilla first?

I went through this process 2 days ago (get FXRuby working), and if I
remember correctly I had to:

1. Make and install Scintilla (with an extra build and install of SCiTE)
2. Make and install FOX
3. Make and install FXRuby

That worked for me.

-Rich

Lyle Johnson

Wouldn't you have to build and install scintilla first?

No, it looks like he got the order right. You don't need to build and
install "plain old Scintilla" at all; the FXScintilla distribution
contains everything you need.

So it should be sufficient to build FOX, then FXScintilla, and then FXRuby.

Philippe Lucas

Richard said:
I went through this process 2 days ago (get FXRuby working), and if I
remember correctly I had to:

1. Make and install Scintilla (with an extra build and install of
SCiTE)
2. Make and install FOX
3. Make and install FXRuby

That worked for me.

Good news. So could you tell me which releases of FOX, FXRuby and
FXScintilla you used ?
The FreeRide installation Web page explains generation order process (FOX
then FXScintilla, and FXRuby). Because you succeeded on FC2, I suppose that
I don't take the good releases.

Philippe Lucas.
-Rich