GAC(k)!

pbd22

Hi.

I have Visual Studio 2008 sp1
Windows XP Professional
ASP.NET 3.5 / C#

I don't know why but I am having a hard time adding (and viewing)
references. I don't see a references folder as I did in 2005 and have
tried the hide / unhide button.

I am trying to get JSON serialization going.

When I try to add a reference (any reference) I don't see the result
anywhere. I have tried:

1) right click on project > add reference
2) right click on project > properties > references tab > add ref.

to no avail.

In web.config I have the below but when I try to reference
System.Web.Extensions I cannot. I only get to System.Web and
intellisence does not pick up System.Web.Extensions.

I have tried manually adding the DLLs from the framework v3.5 folder
to my /bin directory and restarting the application / restarting the
computer and it ""still does not recognize the DLL"".

I am sure I am doing something bone-headed but, still, I haven't
figured it out yet.

Suggestions appreciated.

<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions"
type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
<sectionGroup name="scripting"
type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
<section name="scriptResourceHandler"
type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false"
allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<sectionGroup name="webServices"
type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
<section name="jsonSerialization"
type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false"
allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>
<section name="profileService"
type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false"
allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<section name="authenticationService"
type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false"
allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<section name="roleService"
type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false"
allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
</sectionGroup>
</sectionGroup>
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>