gcc 2.95 and gcc 3.2

gouqizi.lvcha

Hi,

I have a library built with gcc 3.2 , but I cannot use it with gcc
2.95. Gcc report incompitable error.

This is a big pain. Does anyone know how to use the library built
in gcc 2.95 by gcc 3.2 or above.

Rick

Rolf Magnus

Hi,

I have a library built with gcc 3.2 , but I cannot use it with gcc
2.95. Gcc report incompitable error.

This is a big pain. Does anyone know how to use the library built
in gcc 2.95 by gcc 3.2 or above.

You can't. As you found out, they are incompatible.

Chris Theis

Hi,

I have a library built with gcc 3.2 , but I cannot use it with gcc
2.95. Gcc report incompitable error.

This is a big pain. Does anyone know how to use the library built
in gcc 2.95 by gcc 3.2 or above.

Rick

You´ll have to get a newly compiled lib or downgrade your compiler, which I
certainly would not recommend.

Cheers
Chris

gouqizi.lvcha

No. I just want to use a legacy library built with gcc 2.95. I have to
downgrade my compiler now. Do you have anu idea besides downgrading
compiler or upgrading library.

red floyd

No. I just want to use a legacy library built with gcc 2.95. I have to
downgrade my compiler now. Do you have anu idea besides downgrading
compiler or upgrading library.

No, I'm in the same boat. :(

Rolf Magnus

No. I just want to use a legacy library built with gcc 2.95. I have to
downgrade my compiler now. Do you have anu idea besides downgrading
compiler or upgrading library.

It depends. I guess your library is written in C++. What about the
interface? Is it C or C++? In the former case, you could succeed by
additionally linking in the libstdc++ from the old one. Note that this
might work, or it might not. I'm not an expert on such "hackery", however,
I have seen something like that done in KDE when they started supporting
gcc 3.x, but still needed to be able to load the macromedia flash plugin
for netscape, which was implemented in C++ and compiled with gcc 2.95.

gouqizi.lvcha

Interface is still c++. Old library(Built with gcc 2.95) cannot be
easily upgraded to gcc 3