GCC and VC++

Rene Ivon Shamberger

I am converting an application from GCC to Visual Studio C++ 10(VS), the express thing from Microsoft.
VS, I get an error msg on this class method does not work, 'cos std::_Ios_Openmode is not a member of the std??!!
void Read( const Glib::ustring& str, std::_Ios_Openmode& )

FredK

I am converting an application from GCC to Visual Studio C++ 10(VS), the express thing from Microsoft. VS, I get an error msg on this class method does not work, 'cos std::_Ios_Openmode is not a member of the std??!! void Read( const Glib::ustring& str, std::_Ios_Openmode& ) ---------- error C2039: '_Ios_Openmode' : is not a member of 'std' error C2061: syntax error : identifier '_Ios_Openmode' how can I fix this problem?

Inspection of the g++ headers shows that _Ios_Openmode, defined in bits/ios_base.h, is an non-standard implementation detail of the g++ iostream library. It should never be directly referenced by user code. The standard way to specify a file mode is using ios::eek:penmode, specified in <fstream>.

Rene Ivon Shamberger

Yes, I understand that, but the deffinition is
//! std API
//! File mode
//! Synonymous with std::ios_base::in
std::_Ios_Openmode read;
So, I using the standard, VC should not have a problem with the std.

Thanks for the help!