GDB - no debugging symbols found (GDB Vs GCC?)

seba

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to debud a c++ program using gdb, but I have this problem.

[seba@localhost rel15]$ gdb
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.5-15.fc6rh)
(gdb) file ./newcall
Reading symbols from /home/seba/workspace2/rel15/newcall...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb)

Someone told me maybe there is a problem between compiler and gdb. So
I report here some information:
- os: Fedora Core 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6
- gdb version:6.5-15.fc6rh
- gcc version: 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-51)

And this is makefile I'm using:
begin makefile ----------
CC = g++ -I/opt/FSFlibg++/lib/g++-include
CFLAGS = -g -Wall
LIBFLAG = -lm -lefence
OBJS = main.o \
network.o \
SRCS = main.cpp \
network.cpp \
HDRS = network.hpp \
LIBS =
MAKEFILE = Makefile
PROGRAM = newcall

all: $(PROGRAM)

$(PROGRAM): $(OBJS) $(LIBS)
@echo -n "Loading $(PROGRAM) ... "
@$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OBJS) $(LIBS) -o $(PROGRAM) $(LIBFLAG)
@echo "done"

clean:; @rm -f $(OBJS)
depend:; @mkmf -f $(MAKEFILE) PROGRAM=$(PROGRAM)
index:; @ctags -wx $(HDRS) $(SRCS)
tags: $(HDRS) $(SRCS); @ctags $(HDRS) $(SRCS)

# DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE -- make depend depends on it.

end makefile ----------

Thanks a lot

Sebastiano

mlimber

[cross-posting deleted]

[...]

This is off-topic here since it is specific to your platform/tools.
You should ask in a forum dedicated to the GNU tool chain. See the FAQ
for what is on-topic here and for a partial list of other newsgroups
you might consider:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M