Generic maintenance of tables

Sehboo

We have several tables that we want to maintain on our webpage. User
should just pick the tablename from drop down box, and then page
should then populate the grid with the data from that table along with
"Edit" button. If they click on Edit then they should be able to do
an in-line edit of that record in the grid.

They also should be able to add a record to the table. If they click
on add then we want to show edit boxes where they can enter field
values and click on save to save data to that table.

Since every table has differnet fields but same behavior, I was
wondering if there is any generic code that I can borrow to add/edit
data to/from these tables instead of writing custom code for all of
these tables.

Thanks

Dave Sussman

If it's suitable, you could use the DynamicDataControls on the ASP.NET Ajax
Futures (see ajax.asp.net). This automatically generates data editing pages
without you having to write code.

Dave