Get Hotspots And ImageMap Dynamically - Any Idea !

Lovely Angel

Dear Friends
Hope you all doing great.

There is this thing which to me looks possible, but when I searched over
the net I couldnt find anything. Any ideas about this please do let m
eknow.

I want to create a page where I can upload an image using any upload
function and then display it.
Now after diplaying it I want to select the hotspots for it and create
an image map.
The coordinates of image map are stored in a database.

Basically I want that to create image maps and hotspots I dont use any
offline software, get it done Online using ASP or any other thing that
you may suggest.

I hope I am clear inw hat I am looking for.

Please do reply if you have any sugestions.

Waiting for your replies.

Love
Lovely

Mark Schupp

You will need client-side code of some kind to allow the user to select the
hot-spot areas. Try asking on a client-side script newsgroup.

Then you could submit hot-spot data to ASP scripts on the back end to
generate the imagemap in the desired page.

Evertjan.

Mark Schupp wrote on 17 sep 2004 in
You will need client-side code of some kind to allow the user to
select the hot-spot areas. Try asking on a client-side script
newsgroup.

What about "server-side" image mapping?

<form>
<Input name="myMap" type="image" src="myMap.jpg">
</form>

<%
x = Request("myMap.x")
y = Request("myMap.y")

'' and then acting serverside on the coordinates:

if y>20 and y<40 and x>123 and x<234 then
'' ....
end if

%>

not tested