get querystring from frameset

Kevin Attard

Hi,

First of all, I know that frames are evil but I had to use them in this app.

I have a frameset with 2 frames (msdn-like environment). The frameset page
has a querystring and I need to get that value from the leftframe. Any
ideas?

Thanks

Halcyon

if you're using a hyperlink, you can use <target=%frame%> or something,
can't quite remember, but I would suggest moving to Masterpages, much
smoother and much nicer....just a thought, hope it helps...

Kevin Attard

Didn't know about masterpages, they look quite cool. Unfortunately, they
don't seem to have the draggable pane which I was looking for.

I don't want the page to display in one of the frames. The hyperlink must
link to frameset.aspx?pk=1, then I want the left frame to get the pk

Mark Fitzpatrick

You would have to pass the querystring from the frameset to the various
frame urls, you cannot access the frameset directly.