Getting a Profile Value!

Jeff

Hey

asp.net 2.0

In my web.config file I got these settings:
<profile enabled="true">
<properties>
<add name="Picture" type="System.Byte[]" />
<add name="PictureType" type="string" />
</properties>
</profile>

I know that I can use Profile.Picture to get the value of the current
Profile's Picture property. But that doesn't help me here.... Because I want
to create a dataset containing all the Picture values for all users of my
system.

I'm trying to create a webpage that displays a list of users. The list shows
each member's picture among some other data....

I thought maybe use a sql query, but I'm not sure how to do it. I understand
sql, but the problem is more that the Picture value isn't in a column of
it's own in the aspnet_Profile table. All the profile's extra properties are
added to the same column: "PropertyValues"

Any ideas how to solve this?

Jeff

Guest

The profile provider class sports a nifty GetAllProfiles method, is used to
retrieve profile information for all profiles. Only data for the
applicationName specified in the configuration file is returned. The
authenticationOption parameter specifies whether only anonymous profiles,
only authenticated profiles, or all profiles are searched.

You can then take this collection and manipulate or report on it as you see
fit.
Peter