Getting Request URL in Session_Start

wrecker

Hi all,

I am trying to set up an affiliate program so I've been adding code to
the Session_Start in global.asax. I am passing an affiliate ID via
the query string so would like to parse this value out when a user
gets redirected to our site and then do some database work. The
problem is that it looks like I can't access the correct referring url
and the query string. When I debug and try to print the value of both
Context.Request.Url.ToString and Context.Request.UrlReferrer they are
coming up as blank or with another internal application url
(depeneding on when and how I run it). All I would like to know is
can I get the external referring url and it's query string in the
Session_Start?

Thanks for your help

wrecker

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:24:52 -0400, wrecker <[email protected]>
wrote:

I found out what my problem was; I was testing on localhost. As soon
as I ran the code on our development box and linked to it from an
extrenal page everything worked. Simple answer - wish I'd thought of
it sooner :/