Global.asax not firing

Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thank you for this thread. I had been trying to figure this one out for several hours now.

Here is my scenario:

An existing ASP.Net site has been around for awhile (since 2006). It did not use a global.asax file.

I added a global.asax file to the site.

It worked great on my local box.

I moved it up to our development box. The events in global.asax were not getting fired.

After a few hours of frustration, I hit Google and find this thread.

I deleted PreCompiledApp.config (which had a timestamp of 2006!). But this didn't immediately solve the issue.

I then opened Web.Config, made a space, and saved it (I call this App Slapping).

Ta Da! Everything is working. I followed these steps on our development and staging boxes and it worked both times.

Searching Google for "ProCompiledApp.config" got me this, which was helpful in explaining the issue to co-workers.

http://kbalertz.com/937095/raise-events-application.aspx

Thanks Again,

Jeff