Global Variables!q

Guest

Hi all,

I am still new to .net.
Coming from an asp classic background.

Using classic asp, i would use a include file to contain global variables
contained through out a site. These would normally be file system paths and
the like.

What would be the best approach to achieving this in dotnet.
Because they are only variables using a class seems overkills so does a user
control.

Thanks for any replies!!

Guest

If the variable is same to all users, so you can add them to the cach.
Regards
Saeid Kdaimati

Brock Allen

Depends upon what youre global variable is for. If it's something like a
connection string, which was typically stored in global.asa in classic ASP,
then I'd suggest putting that value into the <appSettings> section of web.config.

http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/QuickS...l=/quickstart/aspplus/doc/configretrieve.aspx

If instead the variable is an actual constant, then I'd suggest looking into
static (C#)/Shared (VB.NET) variables. staic/Shared means there's one shared
copy of the variable for the entire application.