granting permission for file upload

darrel

We're working on an intranet CMS. We've set it up so people can upload a
file (to the server filesystem) and attach it do a DB record.

We're using forms authentication, which works fine for our application, but
upon uploading a file, we get promted for our network login. I assume at
this point, the server is trying to get permissions from the network to save
the file and simply sidestepping the ASP.net application at that point.

One solution is for us to make a new group, assign all the people using the
CMS to that group, and grant that group permission to upload to that folder.
But is there a way to do this via the application itself? Is this where
impersonating would work?

-Darrel