GridView Hide empty row (vb)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by labsRcool, Jun 19, 2007.

  1. labsRcool

    labsRcool Guest

    Hi,

    I have read several resources on the internet and MSFT newsgroups on how to
    insert data using the footer in the datagrid control.

    To solve the empty data set problem, I added a blank row in the datasource
    select statement, using the union command to create the additional blank row,
    making the footer visible.

    My last step is where I am stuck. I need to hide that "blank row" that I
    created.
    I have read examples using c#.net, but i'm using asp.net with VB not c#.

    I have also read references to using the detailsGrid in the
    "emptydatatemplate" and binding to the same datasource. I don't believe this
    would work for me because I would want the inserted fields to be in the same
    format, not the "two column" format of the details grid. (Though I admit the
    details grid may have more formating capablities than I know).

    Thanks for your help in advance!

    labsRcool, Jun 19, 2007

  2. labsRcool

    labsRcool Guest

    oops...i meant "gridview" control in the first sentance, not datagrid.

    labsRcool, Jun 20, 2007