Show/Hide HTML Table Columns using SELECT option

Joined
Nov 9, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have the below table with a SELECT option for Viewing options(it currently does nothing). I built it up from a template I found on codepen. I used this as its a dynamic table and I have a site used on Desktop and mobile.

https://jsfiddle.net/Snorlaxx/rfdk7utw/29/

In addition to always showing the first 5 columns, I need to Show just the "Each" columns if the user choses Each(Hide all Total columns), Show just the "Total" columns if the user choses Total(Hide all Each columns), if users choose Both, the default view is Each and Totals.

When a user clicks either option, the first Header row needs to adapt to the view of the table i.e the numbers will always need to show if users choose Both/Each/Total so they know the event for each cost.

Im not advanced at coding (Business analyst by Trade) so any help is appreciated.

Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
38
What does the columns named 20 to 36 have to do with anything?
When I look at the cost for each under 20 and then 21 it shows a $20 increase but under 22 it shows a $268 increase. What's going on?