Gridview Join Field Not showing.

Miro

asp.net vb.net ( but i dont think vb.net matters in this case )
I have a dataset with a TableAdapter

In the tableadapter I have some join fields as such:
[ SELECT ... ShoppingCartDetails.FrontColorID, MyColors_1.ColorDesc AS Expr1
.... WHERE ID = ... ]

The FrontColorID links to the other colors table.

If I click "preview" data within the table adapter - I can see it no
problem.
( both fields - the ID field and the description field from the other
table ).

But When I add a GridView to the aspx, make my objectdatasource my
tableadapter above, I cannot 'Add' any fields that were from the other
table. Even though they display in the preview.

Basically I want to display the Color Description - not the ID value in the
color table.

What 'link' am I missing for the gridview fields.

Thanks,

Miro

Miro

Got it - I think,

The primary TableAdapter needs the joins in it to have the fields there.
Seems I always find my answer after I try to explain it on the newsgroup.

Thanks,

Miro