Gridview Paging Links for search engine web spiders

Bishop

The default gridview paging links are JavaScript and it looks like there is
no way for search engines to follow them. Any ideas on what I can do to
allow search engines to follow the links so they can index all the data in
the datagrid with paging.

John Timney \(MVP\)

You could create a page that has just a long list of articles, specifically
rendered in a very simple way and have that linked to from a single pixel
hyperlink hidden in the page - the index engine should search it as it would
be reachable - similar to what you sometimes have to do for accessible
sites.

Alternatively, change the paging mechanism
http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/26823

--
Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

Bishop

I figured out that in code behind I can access the value for the current
page, number of pages, and set the current page. This allowed me to put in
Next and Back links on the page pretty easily.