GridView problem

Tom Nowak

I have an web form with a dropdown list and gridview control. The user can
choose a category from a database table in the dropdown list. When the user
does this, the gridview is populated with records based on a category that
the user choose in the drowdown list. The gridview also has buttons for the
user to delete or update a record. In the SQLDataSource on the form, when I
set it to use Optimistic Concurrency, and I try to update a record, the
updates never get saved to the database. When I uncheck Optimistic
Concurrency, the record saves but takes a column in the record and sets it to
Null, which poses other problems. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Please
let me know.