GridView Update

Jim McGivney

In VS-05 on an aspx page I have a GridView with a select item column. When
the select button is pressed a DetailsView control opens with the selected
record displayed. The user can now edit the record by pressing the edit
button. After the record is edited in the DetailsView the update button is
pressed.

The problem is that the DetailsView now shows the correctly edited entry,
while the GridView has not been updated. I can change pages and then go
back to the original page, which will now display the edited values. What
can I do to have the GridView update ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jim

Craig Deelsnyder

Jim said:
In VS-05 on an aspx page I have a GridView with a select item column. When
the select button is pressed a DetailsView control opens with the selected
record displayed. The user can now edit the record by pressing the edit
button. After the record is edited in the DetailsView the update button is
pressed.

The problem is that the DetailsView now shows the correctly edited entry,
while the GridView has not been updated. I can change pages and then go
back to the original page, which will now display the edited values. What
can I do to have the GridView update ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jim

Are you rebinding the grid in the ItemUpdated of the DetailsView?

see the second example:
http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/data/detailsview.aspx
source code for that example:
http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/util/...et/samples/data/GridViewMasterDetailsEdit.src