    control. Perhaps there is another tool better suited for the task of
    running Java app?

    TIA for any pointers/references/hel,

    Woland99, Oct 8, 2011

  2. Woland99

    Woland99 Guest

    Thanks for reply Ben,
    As I said WinSpy sees that Java app as single object of class

    Technically yes I could get access to Java source code but that app
    written and maintained by entirely diff group in our organization and
    that would require going through million hoops.

    Yes Win32:GuiTest and I can't seem to get handle to combo box - but
    for that pointer.

    Woland99, Oct 8, 2011

  3. Woland99

    Woland99 Guest

    Hmmm - it will be super ugly but I think I can grab a shot of the app
    win every time I make a selection, crop it and run it thru some
    freebie OCR (all using GuiTest) - it will be slow but will suffice
    until I can connect with that app team and persuade them to change
    their code. Thanks, Ben.
    Woland99, Oct 9, 2011
  4. Woland99

    Oct 2, 2017
    Likes Received:
    > Is the Java app using AWT or Swing? (I presume you're not talking about
    > something web-based, which would be much easier to test.) If it's Swing
    > you probably can't get at the contents at all: Swing does its own
    > drawing, so as far as the OS knows there's nothing there but coloured
    > pixels. If it's AWT then I thought AWT used real OS controls, but ICBW.

    I'm working with Kronos Workforce Central 6.3. I can't tell which it uses.

    How can we identify whether a Java app is using AWT or Swing?
    Stevoisiak, Oct 2, 2017