Help! acts_as_nested_set Administration (add new item, delete item)

Namor

Hi guys,

I'm very very new to ruby and i'm trying to use acts_as_nested_set to
create a database driver DHTML menu

eg

Code
|-- Ruby
| -- Rails
About us

The problem comes because I cant find any tutorials and the
documentation doesnt help much

Can someone show me how to create an administration for this DHTML menu
module (scaffold style will do, and dont worry bout how to generate the
menu. that is another problem)?

I'm having problem trying to add items as a child..
eg.. Ruby as a child of code, Rails as a child of Ruby

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

My current rough & nooby code

def create
@place = Place.new(params[:place])
@place.save
@parent = Place.find(@place.parent_id) unless @place.parent_id == 0
if @parent
if @parent.add_child(@place)
flash[:notice] = 'Place was successfully created.'
redirect_to :action => 'list'

else
render :action => 'new' #display error msg
end
else
redirect_to :action => 'list'
end