Help Parsing RFC822 Formatted Date

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by VUNETdotUS, Oct 17, 2007.

  1. VUNETdotUS

    VUNETdotUS Guest

    How can I parse RFC822 date format Sat, 13 Oct 2007 22:09:03 PDT to MM/
    DD/YYYY?
    Any reference you can recommend?
    Thanks

    VUNETdotUS, Oct 17, 2007

  2. This is not really an ASP question, but here's a JScript answer:

    Date.prototype.toMDCY = function() { ...insert code for
    formatting... }**
    return new Date("Sat, 13 Oct 2007 22:09:03 PDT").toMDCY()

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cd9w2te4.aspx

    Of course, this is time-zone dependent. On my system, this becomes
    10/14/2007.

    If you can stuff it in a SQL date variable, MSSQL has DATETIME styles for
    converting to character data:

    CONVERT(VARCHAR(10), @YourDateVariableHere, 101)

    I really couldn't say what VBScript would require.

    **For example, assume you have already dealt with Number.prototype.pad...

    Date.prototype.toMDCY = function() {
    return (this.getMonth()+1).pad(2) + "/" + this.getDate().pad(2) +
    "/" + this.getFullYear()
    }

    Dave Anderson, Oct 17, 2007

  3. VUNETdotUS

    VUNETdotUS Guest

    What I mean is there an easier way to parse other than splitting by
    space, converting Oct to 10, etc.
    Thanks

    VUNETdotUS, Oct 17, 2007
  4. VUNETdotUS