[Help, urgent] Move node!

¯

\(¯`·.¸FlacK¸.·´¯\)

Hi!
I want to move a node from file "film1" to "film2" that has tag
"FilmatoPartita".
I have write the codo below, but it don't do anything...I don't see the
error...
I have forgotten something? Maybe samething to write in the file "film2"?
Help...it's urgent..thanks!!!

import java.io.File;
import javax.xml.parsers.*;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;
import org.w3c.dom.Element;
import org.w3c.dom.Node; // serve per spostare il nodo !
import org.w3c.dom.NodeList;

public class MoveNode {

try {

DocumentBuilderFactory factory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

DocumentBuilder builder = factory.newDocumentBuilder();

Document doc1 = builder.parse( new File("film1.xml") );

Document doc2 = builder.parse( new File("film2.xml") );

System.out.println("prova");

Element firstRoot = doc1.getDocumentElement();

Element secondRoot = doc2.getDocumentElement();

NodeList nodi_figli =
firstRoot.getElementsByTagName("FilmatoPartita");
Element nodo_da_spostare = (Element)nodi_figli.item(0);

Node nuovo_nodo = doc2.importNode(nodo_da_spostare, true);
secondRoot.appendChild(nuovo_nodo);

} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}

Martin Honnen

(¯`·.¸FlacK¸.·´¯) wrote:

I want to move a node from file "film1" to "film2" that has tag
"FilmatoPartita".
I have write the codo below, but it don't do anything...I don't see the
error...
Node nuovo_nodo = doc2.importNode(nodo_da_spostare, true);
secondRoot.appendChild(nuovo_nodo);

You need to save the DOM tree that currently is in memory, how you do
that depends on the DOM implementation.

¯

I use xerces...do you know?