Help with Script Needed Desperately

Joe Foran

Hi everyone,

I'm in a bit of a bind... I have some batch scripting ability but next
to no skill in Perl. I had a set of scripts that would:

Query the registry key
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Configuration\Client Application
Launchers\Hardware Inventory Agent

If the value returned is 0x79726f74 then it would stop the SMS Client
Service (clisvc), wait for this to complete, and then delete two
registry keys:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Configuration\Client Application
Launchers\Hardware Inventory Agent

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Client Components\Hardware
Inventory Agent

5. Report back to a file on \\hostserver\MSKB\28552\

We also had a VBS that ran great, but required WMI 1.5. Thus comes the
caveat... the targets are our legacy desktops running NT4 Workstation,
WMI v1, Perl 5 and IE5. The script needs to run at logon (we use
psexec to get elevated rights), and definately has to report back for
auditing purposes.

Does anyone know how to do this? I am completely tapped.

TIA!

Joe Foran