hex print

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Trifle Menot, Feb 25, 2014.

  1. [...]
    I think 'threaded code' would be the appropriate term.

    Rainer Weikusat, Feb 27, 2014

  2. T> Thanks for the pseudo intellectual advice, Charlton.

    Pseudo intellectual is all I expect you're capable of understanding,
    O idiot afraid to sign his name to his work.

    Charlton

    Charlton Wilbur, Feb 27, 2014

  3. PJH> The question wasn't idiotic. It was somewhat academic (Solve
    PJH> problem A without using obvious feature X), but that's often a
    PJH> good way to learn, and especially in an interpreted language it
    PJH> is often worthwhile to use complex builtins instead of
    PJH> explicitely coding a loop (less interpreter overhead).

    "Here's a list of things. I wish to translate them into another
    representation without using a loop."

    The question is fatuous on its face. You cannot do it without a loop;
    the best thing you can do is to make the loop implicit rather than
    explicit. Of course there are loops elsewhere in the code; but more
    importantly than that, any solution to the problem will involve a loop
    in the algorithm that does the calculation.

    Asking an idiotic question under a pseudonym? I have no problem
    applying the word "idiotic" and meaning it.

    Charlton

    Charlton Wilbur, Feb 27, 2014
  4. Trifle Menot

    Trifle Menot Guest

    He still doesn't get it, after you spelled it out for him.

    Some people just like showing their ass in public. I think that's one
    reason why web forums are more popular than usenet. They can keep the
    ass clowns under control.

    Usenet is more efficient though, if you can ignore the ass clowns.

    Trifle Menot, Feb 27, 2014
  5. moron> He still doesn't get it, after you spelled it out for him.

    If by "get it" you mean understand the point, you're wrong. I
    understand it just fine; I disagree with it.

    If by "get it" you mean agree, that was a lost cause to begin with. If
    ten people say an idiotic thing, it is still an idiotic thing. If ten
    thousand people say an idiotic thing, it is still an idiotic thing, and
    they can found a political party.

    Charlton

    Charlton Wilbur, Feb 27, 2014