hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character

King Kong

we are facing this kind of error when we double click the infragistic web
grid
please help me on this

Regards
Moid Iqbal
Server Error in '/NetworkAccess' Application.
----

'', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 13.

Exception Details: System.Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an
invalid character. Line 1, position 13.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1,
position 13.]
Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.LoadPostData(String
postDataKey, NameValueCollection values)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean
fBeforeLoad)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Rocky Moore

Usually, when I get messages like that, it is becuase I have odd ASCII
charaters in the page (which you cannot see) usually from cut & paste and
usually at the end of the line.

--
Rocky Moore
www.HintsAndTips.com / Share your tips - Earn rewards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- --
----

'', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 13.

Exception Details: System.Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an
invalid character. Line 1, position 13.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1,
position 13.]
Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.LoadPostData(String
postDataKey, NameValueCollection values)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean
fBeforeLoad)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
ex value 0x01 and 0x00 invalid characters

Hi,

I struggled with this problem for a couple of hours searching google for an answer, I finally fluked it with a string replace: str.Replace("", "Γ"). The character cant be seen above but it has the HTML value of: "Γ".

If you get a hex value 0x00, is an invalid character, then try: str.Replace("\x00", "").

Jonty

Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hexadecimal 0X01 issue

Hi Jonty

Can you please explain briefly how to resolve this issue.
I am struck up at this in the production.

Please help me out from this.

Thanks
Ramesh