Hide a single application icon in Windows system tray

Alessandro

Hi guys,

I need to hide the icon of a maintenance application (not written in
java) which appears in the Windows system tray bar. I'd like to do
that doing a java application instead of writing something in C#, do
you know if there is any library to use ?

I have found something about SystemTray class in Java 6 but it's to
insert the icon of a new java application and not to get all the
existent applications in system tray bar.

Thanks for any help,
best regards

Ale

Roedy Green

I need to hide the icon of a maintenance application (not written in
java) which appears in the Windows system tray bar. I'd like to do
that doing a java application instead of writing something in C#, do
you know if there is any library to use ?

Obviously something so OS-specific is going to require JNI.
See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jni.html
and http://mindprod.com/jgloss/systemtray.html
for possible approaches that don't require you to write it from
scratch.