    I tried with gridview.columns(i).visible property,but it did't work.

    Thanks in advance
    Srinivas

    srinivas, Aug 2, 2006

  2. srinivas

    puja Guest

    hi first of all, go to columns property of grid view and the checkbox called
    "autogenerate fields should not be ticked.

    if u see below example then although am fetching 5 columns in dataset, am
    displaying only 3 namely property address, sales person and date requested.

    hope this helps.

    <asp:GridView ID="grdContract" runat="server" AllowSorting="True"
    AutoGenerateColumns="False"

    BorderColor="Silver" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px"
    DataKeyNames="File Number"

    EmptyDataText="No Contracts Found" Height="189px"
    OnRowCommand="GetMoreDetails"

    OnRowCreated="HighlightRow" OnSorting="SortGrdContract" Width="100%"
    CssClass="customGrid">

    <Columns>

    <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Property Address" SortExpression="Property
    Address">

    <ItemTemplate>

    <asp:Label ID="lblPropertyAddress" runat="server" Text='<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Property Address") %>'>

    </asp:Label>

    </ItemTemplate>

    <ControlStyle Width="180px" />

    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />

    </asp:TemplateField>

    <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Sales Person" SortExpression="Sales Person">

    <ItemTemplate>

    <asp:Label ID="lblSalesPerson" runat="server" Text='<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Sales Person") %>'>

    </asp:Label>

    </ItemTemplate>

    <ControlStyle Width="120px" />

    </asp:TemplateField>

    <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Date Requested" SortExpression="Date
    Requested">

    <ItemTemplate>

    <asp:Label ID="lblDateRequested" runat="server" Text='<%#
    String.Format("{0:dd/MM/yy}", Convert.ToDateTime(DataBinder.Eval(Container,
    "DataItem.Date Requested")))%>'>

    </asp:Label>

    </ItemTemplate>

    </asp:TemplateField>