host a windows user control File access

gabedog

I have an internal app that is complex enough that I'd like to user
either create a windows app or use a windows user control in an aps.net
web page.

The windows version uses the fileOpen component. I've modified the
program to be a user control and access the data for the controls via a
web service. I haven't found a clean way to use the file open component
so that the user can access a file for processing. Is this possible? I
know that this is breaking some internet security standards, but it's
an internal app. I'd like to avoid a messy situation where the
framework security needs to be modified on the client.

If this isn't possible, can someone suggest a better design strategy?

App Overview:
------------------------
Read data from db to poplute datasets need in the processing
User reads in a file from disk that needs some heavy UI processing
The results are sent back to the db

I really appreciate any suggestions. I though this was a security
issue. I apoligize if this was posted to the wrong group.

Thanks,

Gabe

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

If you use the OpenFile() method you get back a stream that is read only
- this works with the Intranet/Internet permission set.

In the IntranetZone you have unrestricted access to the file dialogs - including
the SaveDialog.

If you need more - you have to modify the security policy on the client