host's external javascripts disrupt my onload scripts

David Virgil Hobbs

My web host inserts banner ads into my html pages. The javascript in
these banner ads interferes with the onload triggered javascript
functions in my pages. Whether I trigger my javascript functions
through onload=function() in the body tag or through
window.onload=function name in a script, the host's advertising
javascripts disrupt my javascripts that are supposed to run onload so
that they do not run. I am not able to control the content of the
javascripts my web hosts runs in my pages when ads are inserted in my
pages.

How do I solve this problem?

Javascripts in your advertisements have been disrupting javascripts in
my code that are supposed to trigger "Onload". The ads disrupt my
onload commands whether I put them in the body tag or use
window.onload.

I would like to know what I can do so that my onload javascripts are
not disrupted by the javascript in your ads.

Colin McKinnon

David said:
My web host inserts banner ads into my html pages. The javascript in
these banner ads interferes with the onload triggered javascript
functions in my pages. Whether I trigger my javascript functions
through onload=function() in the body tag or through
window.onload=function name in a script, the host's advertising
javascripts disrupt my javascripts that are supposed to run onload so
that they do not run. I am not able to control the content of the
javascripts my web hosts runs in my pages when ads are inserted in my
pages.

How do I solve this problem?

put your code inline at the end of your page instead of in the body.onload

HTH

C.

David Virgil Hobbs

My web host inserts banner ads into my html pages. The javascript in
these banner ads interferes with the onload triggered javascript
functions in my pages. Whether I trigger my javascript functions
through onload=function() in the body tag or through
window.onload=function name in a script, the host's advertising
javascripts disrupt my javascripts that are supposed to run onload so
that they do not run.

The problem wass that in experimenting with the window.onload=function
name approach in a web page of mine in which the onload javascripts
were being disrupted by the ad code inserted by the web host, I placed
the script containing the window.onload command above the point where
the inserted ad code appears in my page. I did not realize that where
in the page I place the script containing the window.onload command
matters. The script containing the window.onload command in my case
needs to be placed in the code after the point where the inserted ad
code appears in my code and not before the place where the inserted ad
code appears in my code.

I am not able to control the content of the
javascripts my web hosts runs in my pages when ads are inserted in my
pages.

How do I solve this problem?
The following words should not have been in the newsgroup post they
were in a letter sent to my web host.
Javascripts in your advertisements have been disrupting javascripts in
my code that are supposed to trigger "Onload". The ads disrupt my
onload commands whether I put them in the body tag or use
window.onload.

I would like to know what I can do so that my onload javascripts are
not disrupted by the javascript in your ads.

After making the post that started this thread, I figured out the
solution. The following code solves the problem, where derf3() is the
function in the onload command in the body tag that is not being
executed due to the javascripts in the ad code inserted by the web
page host.

<script>
function init4()
{
derf3()
}
window.onload = init4;
</script>

I ca'nt help feeling upset that the online sources that explained the
window.onload command, did not bother with explaining that it can
matter where in the code you place the script containing the
window.onload command.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

David said:
My web host inserts banner ads into my html pages. The javascript in
these banner ads interferes with the onload triggered javascript
functions in my pages. [...]
How do I solve this problem?

Move to another Web space provider. To circumvent the ads and anything
related to them is illegal. The account is for free/cheap because of
the ads.
[...]
Javascripts in your advertisements have been disrupting javascripts in
my code that are supposed to trigger "Onload". The ads disrupt my
onload commands whether I put them in the body tag or use
window.onload.

I would like to know what I can do so that my onload javascripts are
not disrupted by the javascript in your ads.

What's that?

PointedEars