HoverMenuExtender at wrong location

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter, Oct 28, 2008.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I have the following code in DonNetNuke application, I am trying to create a
    popup in every DataList Item, eveything is working with exception the popups
    do not line up with every DataItem. How do I make the popups to line up
    with every DataItem?

    Thank You

    Peter

    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:DataList ID="lstContent" DataKeyField="ItemID" runat="server"
    CellPadding="4"
    OnItemDataBound="lstContent_ItemDataBound">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:Image ID="imgJob" runat="server"
    ImageUrl="" Height="36px" Width="42px" />
    <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" NavigateUrl='<%#
    EditUrl("ItemID",((int)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"ItemID")).ToString())
    %>'
    Visible="<%# IsEditable %>" runat="server">
    <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server"
    ImageUrl="~/images/edit.gif" AlternateText="Edit"
    Visible="<%# IsEditable%>"
    resourcekey="Edit" />
    </asp:HyperLink>
    <asp:Label ID="lblContent" Font-Size="12pt"
    ForeColor="Blue" runat="server" />
    --> Start Time '<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"StartTime") %>'
    style="display: none">Report ID '<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "InstanceID")%>'
    <cc1:HoverMenuExtender
    ID="HoverMenuExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="imgJob"
    PopupControlID="pnlReportInfo"
    PopupPosition="Right" PopDelay="25" OffsetY="50"
    OffsetX="10">
    </cc1:HoverMenuExtender>
    <asp:panel ID="pnlReportInfo" runat="server"
    Width="200px" BackColor="Azure">
    <asp:Image ID="Image3" runat="server"
    ImageUrl="~/images/balloon-1.png" />

    </asp:panel>

    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:DataList>
    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button"
    OnClick="Button1_Click" />
    <asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="10000"
    OnTick="Timer1_Tick">
    </asp:Timer>
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>

    Peter, Oct 28, 2008

  2. Hi Peter,

    From your code I think it's caused by the OffsetY="50" and OffsetX="10" set
    for the HoverMenuExtender. Could you adjust the offset value to see if it
    can work?

    If it still doesn't work please send me a demo project. I'll test it to see
    how to get the expected layout. My email is .

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Oct 28, 2008

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    It's not caused by the offset, because same thing happens when I remove the
    offsets. Plus it works fine in FireFox, but not IE7.0
    I can't send you the program, because there are a lot of other remote
    modules that this program is depandant on and it would take a long time to
    reconfigure.
    I've downloaded the latest DotNetNuke program to use it for testing, but I
    can't install it,the installation just keeps running and running.
    Never again will I use DotNetNuke, at the time it seemed realy good and it
    would same a lot of time, but in the end you are better off doing the work
    yourself. I am stuck with DotNetNuke because I have too much time invested
    in the project with DotNetNuke to switch and start over.

    I will keep trying to create a demo that I can email.

    Peter, Oct 31, 2008
  4. Hi Peter,

    Thanks for your update. In the mean time it's also very helpful if you can
    send me the link to your. I can then see if I can see the same behavior on
    my side.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    --------------------
    | From: "Peter" <>
    | Subject: Re: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
    | Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:06:44 -0500
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    |

    | | > Hi Peter,
    | >
    | > From your code I think it's caused by the OffsetY="50" and OffsetX="10"
    | > set
    | > for the HoverMenuExtender. Could you adjust the offset value to see if
    it
    | > can work?
    | >
    | > If it still doesn't work please send me a demo project. I'll test it to
    | > see
    | > how to get the expected layout. My email is .
    | >
    | > Regards,
    | > Allen Chen
    | > Microsoft Online Support
    | >
    | > Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments
    and
    | > suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you.
    Please
    | > feel free to let my manager know what you think of the level of service
    | > provided. You can send feedback directly to my manager at:
    | > .

    | > Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent
    issues
    | > where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support
    | > Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable. Please note that each
    follow
    | > up response may take approximately 2 business days as the support
    | > professional working with you may need further investigation to reach
    the
    | > most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for
    situations
    | > that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions or complex
    | > project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are
    best
    | > handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by
    contacting
    | > Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at

    http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.
    | > ==================================================
    | > rights.
    | >
    | > --------------------
    | > | From: "Peter" <>
    | > | Subject: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
    | > | Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:59:39 -0500
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > |
    | > | I have the following code in DonNetNuke application, I am trying to
    | > create a
    | > | popup in every DataList Item, eveything is working with exception the
    | > popups
    | > | do not line up with every DataItem. How do I make the popups to line
    up
    | > | with every DataItem?
    | > |
    | > | Thank You
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | Peter
    | > |
    | > | <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
    | > | <ContentTemplate>
    | > | <asp:DataList ID="lstContent" DataKeyField="ItemID"
    | > runat="server"
    | > | CellPadding="4"
    | > | OnItemDataBound="lstContent_ItemDataBound">
    | > | <ItemTemplate>
    | > | <asp:Image ID="imgJob" runat="server"
    | > | ImageUrl="" Height="36px" Width="42px" />
    | > | <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1"
    | > NavigateUrl='<%#
    | > |

    EditUrl("ItemID",((int)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"ItemID")).ToStrin
    | > g())
    | > | %>'
    | > | Visible="<%# IsEditable %>"
    | > runat="server">
    | > | <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server"
    | > | ImageUrl="~/images/edit.gif" AlternateText="Edit"
    | > | Visible="<%# IsEditable%>"
    | > | resourcekey="Edit" />
    | > | </asp:HyperLink>
    | > | <asp:Label ID="lblContent"
    Font-Size="12pt"
    | > | ForeColor="Blue" runat="server" />
    | > | --> Start Time '<%#
    | > | DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"StartTime") %>'
    | > | style="display: none">Report ID '<%#
    | > | DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "InstanceID")%>'
    | > | <cc1:HoverMenuExtender
    | > | ID="HoverMenuExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="imgJob"
    | > | PopupControlID="pnlReportInfo"
    | > | PopupPosition="Right" PopDelay="25" OffsetY="50"
    | > | OffsetX="10">
    | > | </cc1:HoverMenuExtender>
    | > | <asp:panel ID="pnlReportInfo"
    | > runat="server"
    | > | Width="200px" BackColor="Azure">
    | > | <asp:Image ID="Image3" runat="server"
    | > | ImageUrl="~/images/balloon-1.png" />
    | > |
    | > | </asp:panel>
    | > |
    | > | </ItemTemplate>
    | > | </asp:DataList>
    | > | <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button"
    | > | OnClick="Button1_Click" />
    | > | <asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="10000"
    | > | OnTick="Timer1_Tick">
    | > | </asp:Timer>
    | > | <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"
    Text="Label"></asp:Label>
    | > | </ContentTemplate>
    | > | </asp:UpdatePanel>
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Oct 31, 2008
  5. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I can't not give you the link to the website because it's on Intranet.

    I've tried to create test web app, but I can not duplicate the problem on
    the test app and I don't know what's different. Same code on the test app
    does not create the same problem. I realize that no one is able to help me
    unless I can show the problem. I'll keep working on the problem on my own.

    Peter, Nov 4, 2008
  6. Hello Peter,

    I am not able to troubleshoot this issue without a demo. However, I can
    provide some suggestions from the clues you've provided.

    1. You said "Plus it works fine in FireFox, but not IE7.0". Based on my
    experience this is generally caused by the non-cross-browser
    javascript/css. I suggest you compare the rendered html and the css to see
    if there're any differences.

    2. The general step to reproduce the problem is to add modules on the test
    page one by one. Once you see this behavior you can assure the last added
    module is the culprit.

    You're not alone, Peter. I'm right here working with you to solve this
    problem. If you find any clues please do let me know. I may provide some
    possible reasons and guidelines to troubleshoot then.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Nov 4, 2008
  7. Gustavo Andrés Arriola O., Nov 5, 2008
  8. Hi,

    This issue has been resolved via email communication.

    WOW - that was fast!

    That was it !!!

    I would never found this problem on my own, I would never even though to
    look at DOCTYPE, not to mention know what to change.

    Thank you very, very much !!!

    Hi Peter,

    Thanks for your project. I've reproduced this issue on my side and find the
    culprit. This is due to the DOCTYPE.

    By default the DNN renders this DOCTYPE:

    However, IE requires the new version of DOCTYPE to get it work properly for
    some styles:

    To work it around please try this in the Default.aspx.vb:

    Private Sub SetSkinDoctype(ByVal SkinPath As String)
    Dim FileName As String = ApplicationMapPath &
    SkinPath.Replace(".ascx", ".doctype.xml")
    'set doctype to legacy default
    Dim DocTypeValue As String = "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
    ""-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN""
    ""http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"">"
    ¡­

    Please let me know if it works.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    --------------------
    | From: "Gustavo Andrés Arriola O." <>
    | Subject: Re: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
    | Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:42:02 -0300
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    |
    | Hi!
    |
    | I have exactly the same problem, you can view the site from here:
    | http://www.virtualegis.com.py/planillas/LiquidacionHaberes.aspx
    |
    | It works well in FireFox, but in IE7, control does not display correctly.
    |
    | Best regards,
    |
    | Gustavo Arriola
    | .NET Developer
    |

    | "Allen Chen [MSFT]" <> escribió en el
    mensaje
    | | > Hello Peter,
    | >
    | > I am not able to troubleshoot this issue without a demo. However, I can
    | > provide some suggestions from the clues you've provided.
    | >
    | > 1. You said "Plus it works fine in FireFox, but not IE7.0". Based on my
    | > experience this is generally caused by the non-cross-browser
    | > javascript/css. I suggest you compare the rendered html and the css to
    see
    | > if there're any differences.
    | >
    | > 2. The general step to reproduce the problem is to add modules on the
    test
    | > page one by one. Once you see this behavior you can assure the last
    added
    | > module is the culprit.
    | >
    | > You're not alone, Peter. I'm right here working with you to solve this
    | > problem. If you find any clues please do let me know. I may provide some
    | > possible reasons and guidelines to troubleshoot then.
    | >
    | > Regards,
    | > Allen Chen
    | > Microsoft Online Support
    | >
    | > --------------------
    | > | From: "Peter" <>
    | > | Subject: Re: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
    | > | Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 00:42:05 -0600
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > |
    | > |

    | > can
    | > behavior
    | > on

    | > |
    | > | I can't not give you the link to the website because it's on Intranet.
    | > |
    | > | I've tried to create test web app, but I can not duplicate the
    problem
    | > on
    | > | the test app and I don't know what's different. Same code on the test
    | > app
    | > | does not create the same problem. I realize that no one is able to
    help
    | > me
    | > | unless I can show the problem. I'll keep working on the problem on my
    | > own.
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |