How can I access MySQL Version 4.1.22 from Python 2.2.3 ???

Guest

Hi all,

I would like to use Python with MySQL to create a database backend for
my website. Therefore I look at the module MySQLdb.

However the hosting my organisation uses has:

Python 2.2.3 (#1, Dec 21 2006, 18:29:13)
[GCC 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-56)]

MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard-log

Some web surfing reveals:
MySQLdb 1.20 requires Python 2.3.4 so I would have to use MySQLdb
1.0.1

BUT MySQLdb 1.0.1 is compatible with MySQL-3.22, 3.23, and 4.0 ( * * *
not 4.1 or newer * * * ).

So there is no version of MySQLdb that works with my versions of
Python and MySQL???

Is this correct? Is there a different module I can use instead?

Please help me because the other option is to change the domain to a
windows server and use asp.net, which I would rather not do :)

Thanks in advance,
Tom