How can I check when an IFRAME is loaded ?

Eli

Hi,

I've created a dynamic IFRAME and inserted it in the document. Then I
changed the src property to some URL (not the same domain as the main
document). I want to check when the IFRAME is loaded and then get its
title to put in the main document.

function GetTitle()
{
var
ifr_title=document.getElementById('myiframe').contentWindow.document.title;
alert('The IFRAME was loaded and its title is:\n'+ifr_title);
}
var ifr=document.createElement('IFRAME');
ifr.id='myiframe';
ifr.style.width='100%';
ifr.style.height='100%';
ifr.src='http://www.php.net';
ifr.onload=GetTitle;
document.appendChild(ifr);

But it seems that the GetTitle() function is never called, tho the
IFRAME was loaded. How can I make this work?

-thanks, Eli

Martin Honnen

Eli said:
I've created a dynamic IFRAME and inserted it in the document. Then I
changed the src property to some URL (not the same domain as the main
document). I want to check when the IFRAME is loaded and then get its
title to put in the main document.

function GetTitle()
{
var
ifr_title=document.getElementById('myiframe').contentWindow.document.title;
alert('The IFRAME was loaded and its title is:\n'+ifr_title);
}
var ifr=document.createElement('IFRAME');
ifr.id='myiframe';
ifr.style.width='100%';
ifr.style.height='100%';
ifr.src='http://www.php.net';
ifr.onload=GetTitle;

Try
if (ifr.addEventListener) {
ifr.addEventListener('load', GetTitle, false);
}
else if (ifr.attachEvent) {
ifr.attachEvent('onload', GetTitle);
}
document.appendChild(ifr);

You need to append the ifr to
document.body.appendChild(ifr);
But it seems that the GetTitle() function is never called, tho the
IFRAME was loaded.

Your script in the main document is not allowed to read out the title of
the document in the iframe if that document is loaded from a different
origin.