How can I create a button that runs a line of javascript code?

Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm working on a school project, and I need a way to link my JavaScript (file: script.js) to an html5 button. I am using repl.it for the project. Somebody please help me! :eek:

Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
I am using repl.it for the project.
You do know that a browser and notepad work, if you don't program in PHP, and are free. Also free is notepad++ and VScode for editors?

Three ways to run JS from a button. But for beginners I'd suggest the onclick attribute. Lets say your JS code is in a function named myJavaScript. Then the button attr. would be onclick="myJavaScript()"