How do I write to a CD?

k47867

Hello:

I am looking for Python code to open, read, write, close,
and make bootable the following:
CD
DVD
USB Drive

Can I just use open(), read(), write(), and close() for
these? And how do I make something bootable?
Is there a portable way to do this that works for both
windows XP/Vista and Linux?

Thanks in advance:
Michael Yanowitz

Grant Edwards

I am looking for Python code to open, read, write, close, and
make bootable the following: CD DVD USB Drive

Can I just use open(), read(), write(), and close() for these?

CD,DVD: No. You're going to have to use os.popen/os.system to
run utilities like mkisofs, cdrecord, growisofs.

USB: Yes.
And how do I make something bootable?

CD,DVD: man mkisofs

USB: read the documentation for the bootloader you want to use.
Is there a portable way to do this that works for both
windows XP/Vista and Linux?

No.