How do one write server/user controls that can be draged into the designer?

Guest

Hi all...
I have been coding in .NET for aprox 2-4months now and started to get myself a litle code library. With some own written webcontrols, but all of these are written in such away that they must be instantiated in the code behind '.cs' (since Im writing in c#) files. But since Im telling my friends to start using .NET I whant to get all the use of it. I therefore whant to get the idea of how one do to code a control wich (after compiling and referenced i guess?) just can be droped into the designer view and woila there it is. As it is right now you cant se my controls in the desing view they do however work great during execution.

I guess this could be a long discussion but maybe someone knows about a internet article wich describes it all well??

George Ter-Saakov

Right now only Server controls can be in the Toolbar.

In Whidbey it will be possible.

George.