How to add a caret like FCKEditor?

gleery

We can add a caret in textarea, but when I inspect FCkEditor with
firebug, I don't find a textarea tag, but still there is a caret
there. I wonder how Fckeditor do that? Anyone know that?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Joost said:

To be precise, FCKEditor's UI consists of an iframe which has a document
consisting of a table that has the toolbars in its first row and an iframe
with a Document object that has designMode=on in its second one. That's
for Gecko-based UAs.

For MSHTML-based UAs, the contentEditable property of the inner document's
`body' element object is set to `true' instead:

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537837.aspx>

Both Firebug and IE Developer Toolbar can show this:

<http://getfirebug.com/>
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...64-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en>

PointedEars

gleery

To be precise, FCKEditor's UI consists of an iframe which has a document
consisting of a table that has the toolbars in its first row and an iframe
with a Document object that has designMode=on in its second one. That's
for Gecko-based UAs.

For MSHTML-based UAs, the contentEditable property of the inner document's
`body' element object is set to `true' instead:

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537837.aspx>

Both Firebug and IE Developer Toolbar can show this:

<http://getfirebug.com/>
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e59c3964-672...>

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)

Thanks for your explanations. I understand it now