how to change the effective user identficator

Daneel Yaitskov

Hi,

I can't change the EUID of a perl process which performs a perl script.
I used the manual perlsec and wrote the script:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use English '-no_match_vars';

$EUID = 0;
open(THEFILE, ">/var/log/messages") || die "can't open file";
print "The file was opened\n";
#end of the script

The script file has the rights:
$chown root:root test.pl
$chmod a+xs test.pl
The script gives the error "can't open file"

Daneel

Daneel Yaitskov

Jürgen Exner said:
[Forwarding to CLPM because CLP is obsolete]

I don't know what is CLPM. I didn't find definition of CLPM or CLP in
manuals: perl, perltoc and perldoc CLPM. Please, hint where can I read
about it.

Daneel

Daneel Yaitskov

Jürgen Exner said:
[Forwarding to CLPM because CLP is obsolete]

I don't know what is CLPM. I didn't find definition of CLPM or CLP in
manuals: perl, perltoc and perldoc CLPM. Please, hint where can I read
about it.

Daneel

Jürgen Exner

Daneel Yaitskov said:
Jürgen Exner said:
[Forwarding to CLPM because CLP is obsolete]

I don't know what is CLPM. I didn't find definition of CLPM or CLP in

comp.lang.perl.misc

comp.lang.perl has been rmgroup'ed and replaced with the
comp.lang.perl.* hierarchy over a decade ago.
manuals: perl, perltoc and perldoc CLPM. Please, hint where can I read
about it.

perldoc -q usenet

jue

Jürgen Exner