How to change the names of types in the wdsl generated by

Peter Rayment

Hi

I have the following class:

namespace CSWWebServices
{
public class HistoryField<T>
{
private T m_name;
private string m_value = string.Empty;

public T Name
{
get { return m_name; }
set { m_name = value; }
}

public string Value
{
get { return m_value; }
set { m_value = value; }
}

public HistoryField()
};

/// <summary>
/// Summary description for ManagementInformationRequest
/// </summary>
public class ManagementInformationRequest
{
public enum Call
{
Unknown = 0,
NUMBER_MATCHES_TURRET,
CALLERS_NUMBER,
}

public enum Policy
{
Unknown = 0,
CUSTOMER_TYPE
}

private HistoryField<Call>[] m_callHistoryField = null;
private HistoryField<Policy>[] m_policyHistoryField = null;

public ManagementInformationRequest()
{
//
// TODO: Add constructor logic here
//
}

/// <summary>
///
/// </summary>
[XmlArray("CallHistoryFields")]
[XmlArrayItem("CallHistoryField")]
public HistoryField<Call>[] CallHistoryField
{
get
{
return m_callHistoryField;
}
set
{
m_callHistoryField = value;

/// <summary>
///
/// </summary>
[XmlArray("PolicyHistoryFields")]
[XmlArrayItem("PolicyHistoryField")]
public HistoryField<Policy>[] PolicyHistoryField
{
get
{
return m_policyHistoryField;
}
set
{
m_policyHistoryField = value;

The type name genereated for the public HistoryField<Policy>[]
PolicyHistoryField in the client app looks like this

namespace CSUI.ManagementInformationWebService
{
[Serializable]
[DesignerCategory("code")]
[XmlType(Namespace = "v1.services.csw.scotw.co.uk")]
[GeneratedCode("System.Xml", "2.0.50727.42")]
[DebuggerStepThrough]
public class HistoryFieldOfCall
{
public HistoryFieldOfCall();

public Call Name { get; set; }
public string Value { get; set; }

I want change the generated name from 'HistoryFieldOfCall' to
'CallHistoryField', can anyone tell me how on earth to do this?

Peter

Anthony Jones

Peter Rayment said:
Hi

I have the following class:

namespace CSWWebServices
{
public class HistoryField<T>
{
private T m_name;
private string m_value = string.Empty;

public T Name
{
get { return m_name; }
set { m_name = value; }

I want change the generated name from 'HistoryFieldOfCall' to
'CallHistoryField', can anyone tell me how on earth to do this?

Peter

Ask your question in .dotnet.framework.webservices OR
..dotnet.languages.csharp

This is a Classic ASP group.

Peter Rayment

Anthony

Sorry about that, I have been tearing my brain out trying to solve this, and
have just found the answer. I will post in the correct group.

Peter