    so, I want to check if the function name is used at first,
    and then define debug function.
    Is the anyway for this?

    Wootaek Choi, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Wootaek Choi

    Fox Guest

    if(!debug)
    {
    function
    debug()
    {
    // whatever your code is...

    Fox, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Wootaek Choi

    Andy Fish Guest

    I don't think it would actually cause any harm if you defined the function
    twice. In javascript that's just like assigning a variable the same value it
    already has.

    as a matter of good practice I would use fox's suggestion though

    Andy Fish, Aug 18, 2003
  4. if the browser follows the ECMA specification, then that function is
    not a function declaration, but a function expression. The name is then
    only visible inside the function.

    A lot of browsers don't, but that's not an excuse :)

    This will be safer:
    ---
    if (!debug) {
    var debug = function() {