how to control or modify the WSDL's definitions?

peter

I wrote a web service server in Visual Studio 2005. The web method has a
object parameter. The members includes string, datetime, integer.

if my client application did not assign a value to a datetime type of
member, it got an error message exe raised exception class
ERemoteableException with message:
'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:Server was unable to read
request.. --> System.InvalidOperationException: There is a n error in XML
document -> System.FormatException: The string '' is not a valid AllXsd
value.

I think that if the value is null, I can assign 0 to the datetime member to
avoid the error, but other than that, are there other better ways to solve
the problem?