How to create a row in the database?

Yuan Ren[MSFT]

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting!

From your description, my understanding is that you want to insert a record
by using the GridView control in ASP.NET 2.0. If I have misunderstood
anything, please let me know.

If the video is specified as "ASP.NET HOW DO I Video Series: Data" session
from the link, I think actually the author has implemented the insert
function but without demonstration. If you have written the insert
statement for the adapter, you can insert the record easily. The following
article from ASP.NET tutorials demonstrates how to do this:
http://dotnetjunkies.com/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/data/detailsview.a
spx

Please read the "C# Master-Details Insert" section, also you can run the
demo and view source code.

In addition, there are many appropriated resource from other sites as below:
"Use the GridView to insert a new record":
http://fredrik.nsquared2.com/viewpost.aspx?PostID=155

"ASP.NET GridView - Add a new record":
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/addupdate.asp

Hope this will be helpful!