How to define a common interface between C and JAVA modules

Maneesh

Maneesh Jun 2, 6:27 pm show options

Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
From: "Maneesh" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
Date: 2 Jun 2005 05:57:46 -0700
Subject: How to define common interface between C and Java modules.
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hi,

How can I define the interface between two subsystems where one is C
based and the other Java based. And once we define that interface, we
need to control it / baseline it.

Thereafter both subsystems should pick up the controlled interface file

and do their release builds with it.

So, if I define the interface using IDL(Interface Definition Language)
- I'd need a utility to generate Java classes and C header files from
the IDL.
And, if I define the interface using XML - I'd need a utility to
generate Java classes and C header files from the XML.

Can someone please help in identifying any other way to meet the
scenario.

-Maneesh

Jack Klein

Maneesh Jun 2, 6:27 pm show options

Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
From: "Maneesh" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
Date: 2 Jun 2005 05:57:46 -0700
original | Remove | Report Abuse

What's this garbage? Google groups is for searching archives, not for
posting. Get a real newsreader and an nntp account.
Hi,

How can I define the interface between two subsystems where one is C
based and the other Java based. And once we define that interface, we
need to control it / baseline it.

[snip]

Not by asking here, it is off-topic. The C language does not define
or support an interface to ANY other language.

You don't specify your platform, but try asking in a group that
supports it. Your particular compiler/OS might offer some extensions
to allow this.

Default User

Jack said:
What's this garbage?

It's very odd. That's not the normal Google behavior for posting
messages. I'm not sure if that's some option that can be set up or not.
I didn't see anything like that in the setup stuff.
Google groups is for searching archives, not for
posting. Get a real newsreader and an nntp account.

This is untrue. Google is a newsreader and posting agent. It just has
some well-known flaws. What you are complaining about is not (normally)
one of those flaws.

There are some of us who are forced by circumstances to use Google (at
least for the time being) to post messages. Telling people to get other
solutions is not going to make Google go away. You'd be better off
pointing out violations of netiquette to make Google users become
polite members of the newsgroup.

Brian

Keith Thompson

Default User said:
It's very odd. That's not the normal Google behavior for posting
messages. I'm not sure if that's some option that can be set up or not.
I didn't see anything like that in the setup stuff.

It looks like a cut-and-paste error. I think the poster copied some
of the surrounding text from the web page into the message. It's a
simple user error, not particularly Google's fault.

Richard Bos

This is untrue. Google is a newsreader and posting agent.

No, it isn't. Google is a website. If it were a news agent it would be
possible to use it to connect to any Usenet server, using NNTP. It isn't
capable of this, so it is a mere web front for one particular server,
not a news agent.

Richard